Belated Update

I took a picture of this one a couple of days ago but it didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped. Here’s a slightly better shot.

Almost done with it I think. The arms still feel a tad rubbery to me so I should try to fix those. Pretty happy with the actual portrait though. Might do a bit more with the background but fairly pleased with that as well.

Theo (in progress)
Theo (in progress)

Weekend Update

Got a little more work in on this one. Added some brighter color to the Liverpool kit and fixed the tone of the hair. Getting close now. Still need to fully resolve the arms and the background is feeling too flat at the minute. I have some ideas for that but I want to ruminate on it a bit further before going all in.

Theo (in progress)
Theo (in progress)

Weekend Update

Haven’t had as much time to work in the studio as I would normally, but I did get a solid day in this past Saturday. Working more on the portrait. It’s really starting to come to life. Needs another pass or two and then, of course, there’s the whole rest of the painting which will need to be brought up to a complimentary level of finish. Getting there though.

Theo (in progress)
Theo (in progress)

Long Weekend Update

One of the best parts of a long weekend is that it often means I get extra studio time.

Got two session in on this one this weekend. Worked some more on the face the first day and finally got around to filling in the clothing during the second session.

Here’s the view after the first session:

Theo (in progress)
Theo (in progress)

And the second session:

Theo (in progress)
Theo (in progress)

Now that everything has an initial pass done, it’s all about seeing how far I can push the image.