Category: Printmaking

  • A Few Updates

    I haven’t posted much on the blog of late, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy. Besides all the cooking I’ve been doing (trying to take advantage of the last few farmer’s markets of the season–they end in October around here), I’ve been occupied with coordinating a printmaking exchange for Baren Forum and finishing…

  • Seven with One Blow

    So here is my belated update, seven posts with one blow… ready for an awful lot of photos and rambling? 1. Parisian Flan Week before last, the day before the plague struck the library, we had a potluck to celebrate the departure of our graduating student workers. In retrospect, we really just threw a party…

  • Bagboy

    Title: Bagboy Medium: linocut with chine colle Size: 8×10 image size, 10×15 paper size Materials: Daniel Smith oil-based relief ink on cream Stonehenge and bisque Canson Mi-Teintes paper Edition Size: 34 I’ve finally finished off the last set of prints for exchange. This piece is for the Pets (Factual or Fantastical) Exchange through PrintmakingLinks. I’ve…

  • Solstice Exchange print

    Title: Reflections of an Oregon Winter Medium: relief (woodcut and linocut) Size: 3×3.5 image size, 4×6 paper size Materials: Daniel Smith oil-based relief ink on gray Magnani Pescia paper Edition Size: 70 (+ 6 AP) Yesterday I finished my mini-print edition for this year’s Southern Summer Northern Winter Exchange through Print Australia. This is a…

  • Finished Kent print

    Title: Rockwell Kent Medium: Resingrave engraving Size: 4X6 image size, 10×15 paper size Materials: Daniel Smith oil-based relief ink on white Lenox 100 paper Edition Size: 32 (+ 4 AP) Here is the finished Rockwell Kent portrait engraving. I realize this image looks exactly like the one of the block, in reverse… I promise it…

  • Rockwell Kent

    Earlier in the week I mentioned that I am wrapping up work on three more print editions for exchanges. (Well, maybe “wrapping up” is a bit optimistic at this point, but I am working fast and furious on all three editions.) I’m happy enough with one of them now that I don’t mind sharing a…

  • Juxtaposition

    After finishing off my Roosters for the new year, I ignored my printing responsibilities for several weeks to hang out with Jeremy. Finally last week, I got on the ball and printed off a small lino block I had initially carved last summer. The finished product, a reduction in four states, took 2 evenings and…

  • Roosters

    The Year of the Rooster is rapidly approaching, and I have spent this past week working on a linocut for the annual Baren Forum New Year’s Card Exchange. This will be my first year participating, and I am already having fun getting little printed treasures in the mail every so often. I chose to base…

  • Pause

    Over the past weekend I buckled down and finished the print I posted about several weeks ago, which I have decided to call “Pause.” It turned out alright, though I did not get as strong an effect with the second layer of stipples as I had hoped. The second color is an opaque light purple,…

  • Back to the Bench Hook

    I don’t think I have posted any info about my printmaking efforts since starting this blog. This past week or two I began work on a new woodcut for a print exchange, and decided to take a few pictures along the way. First I choose a design and work it up on paper. In recent…

  • Gallery Update

    The Sparks Gallery has been updated with a few more of my older prints. There are two subtractive monotypes, Pathways I and The Siq, and one light-over-dark reductive linocut, The Fountain. Check them out! -Julie

  • Gallery Update

    A quick update to the Sparks Gallery: I added two new images to my section, both prints from recent exchanges. One was for an open-themed exchange for Baren Forum, and the other was for a self-portrait exchange. Jeremy will also be posting some new drawings as soon as he gets good photographs of them. -Julie