Weekend Update

Took a long weekend to get some extra painting time in this past weekend. It was nice to have some time to do a little extra painting. Ended up working on four separate paintings.

It’s interesting, at least to me, as they’re all at different stages so you can almost see the progression of a painting with my working studio practice from these four works.

I have a longer post about this one as I lucked into an extra day to work on it but I did start a self portrait. Here it is at the earliest stages.

Portrait of the Artist (in progress)
Portrait of the Artist (in progress)

I also got a chance to get back to this portrait of Jordyn. This is the second pass at the fleshy parts, still haven’t covered all of the earlier wipeout layer but starting to bring in local chroma.

Jordyn (in progress)
Jordyn (in progress)

Here’s the double portrait of Leif and Tabby. I’m starting to resolve the background before applying the final layers to the portrait. Still a ways to go and the clothing is just early local coloring, but you need the background in before you attack the final layers.

Leif and Tabby (in progress)
Leif and Tabby (in progress)

This portrait of Tayrou is nearly resolved. It needs one or maybe two more passes to just get it dialed in fully. The clothing will be the last step to finishing it off but the background and portrait are nearly there.

Tayrou (in progress)
Tayrou (in progress)

Leave a Reply

Close Menu