Bagboy print

Title: Bagboy
Medium: linocut with chine colle
Size: 8×10 image size, 10×15 paper size
Materials: Daniel Smith oil-based relief ink on cream Stonehenge and bisque Canson Mi-Teintes paper
Edition Size: 34

I’ve finally finished off the last set of prints for exchange. This piece is for the Pets (Factual or Fantastical) Exchange through PrintmakingLinks. I’ve been working on it for quite a while, and have struggled with both concept and execution. I ended up doing a chine colle linocut, which means there is an additional piece of paper pasted onto the print as it is put through the press. In this case I ended up using a brown Canson Mi-Teintes paper, because it was all I had access to in the right colors. Ideally, the collaged paper should be much thinner, so I had to deal with some serious buckling issues.

In any case, it was a good learning experience all around, and the finished prints (when they came out right) look pretty decent, I think. It is definitely worth experimenting with some more.







Leave a Reply