R.I.P. Progressive Gloves (December 20, 2003-September 12, 2004)
This weekend I dug in and finished some gloves for Jeremy that I started way back last winter. They are based on the Progressive Glove recipe in the winter 2004 IK, with asymmetrical gussets, in black superwash wool. They got stalled out because he wanted some fancy pinkie shaping that accounts for the natural shape of the hand (the pinkies are set slightly below the other fingers).
Well, this weekend I pulled them out and tackled the problem, which, though it required some concentration and a lot of time, ended up not being as complicated as I feared. I just put the pinkie stitches on holders a few rows before beginning the other fingers. Hopefully they will fit a little better now, and maybe Jeremy will post a photo for me when he gets them in the mail. But if they don’t fit, honey, you have my permission to toss them and buy yourself a pair instead.
Now I am back to working on Juliet, for which I am about 6 inches into the front piece. This would be the rather boring expanse of knitting between the waist and armholes, livened up only by periodic increases and the diamond purl pattern. It should regain some interest once I reach the arm and neck holes, but then might end up languishing like the Victoria tank, complete except for finishing due to a lack of circular needles. Maybe I can order some for my birthday next month.
Project Gutenberg Update
Progress continues slowly on my Gutenberg texts. I have made it a habit to keep something to work on at home for when I am websurfing or checking email, now that we are back to dial-up and everything is slo-o-ow.
Sir Charles Grandison, Volume 2: 62% complete
The White Peacock: 53% complete