More Olympic Knitting

Juliet back finished

Thanks to the Olympics, I finished the back of the Juliet pullover last night. I think it went well, but I was a little anxious about the measurements and the slightly harsh texture of the fabric, so I couldn’t resist washing and wet-blocking it right away. Consequently, please ignore the darker color in this photo—the one from my last update is much closer to the actual color. I can’t tell yet whether the fabric texture was much improved, though it seems promising, so I’ll say a few words about the fit.

I am making the second to smallest size, which looked like it should fit me nicely despite my yarn substitution; but I was dismayed to find that the waist decreases rapidly took the body from a comfortable 35.5″ circumference down to 29.5″ over the course of less than 6″. I figured that I could add a bit more ease through the waist with blocking (it worked, too!) but I also had to take into consideration the fact that I have a very short waist. I ended up reducing the height from hem to armscye by an inch to position the waist shaping at my waist instead of on my hips, which are decidedly NOT 29.5″ around. With those minor adjustments, it looks like this could be a really great finished product. On to sleeves!


Posted

in

,

by

Tags:

Comments

One response to “More Olympic Knitting”

  1. alison Avatar

    The Juliet sweater is looking lovely. I really liked that design. It reminded me so much of my Rosebud design from Knitty. You’ve done a great job so far. Very successful olympic knitting, I’d say! 🙂

Leave a Reply